Clean your WordPress from useless files in your filesystem, and unused entries in your Media Library. This extremely powerful tool has been perfected and even rewritten completely through the years and numerous collaborations. You will love it – and if you don’t, let me know! I will make it better for you.
- Performance – Faster, better WordPress!
- User-friendly – Even though the plugin is really complex, the UI is a breeze!
- Quality support – Images are detected improperly? We will work on this with you. We want to make this plugin perfect for everyone.
Features of Media Cleaner Free & Pro Versions:
- Media Library Scan
- Detects which media entries (images, PDFs and other files) aren’t used, and deletes them.
- Powerful Analysis
- The analysis goes through your posts, meta, widgets, and more.
- Everything from the Free Version
- Filesystem Scan
- Analyzes the files directly. It’s recommended to remove all the ones which are not referenced in your Media Library.
Plugins & Page Builders Support
Just to clarify, the fact the Pro Version supports more plugins and page builders doesn’t mean that it will detect more files; on the contrary: it will return less false-positive results (= better accuracy). With the Free Version, you will have to be more careful; the Pro Version is more accurate, but you will still have to be careful. If there are false-positive results within the Pro Version, contact us and we will handle your use cases as well.
Media Library Scan / Filesystem Scan
There is no scan better than the others, they just achieve a different type of scan, and provide different results. To actually clean your WordPress at 100%, you need to execute both. Depending on the state of your WordPress and how you actually use it, you might only need one or the other.
Media Library Scan: Media Cleaner will first analyze your whole WordPress and create a database of the files which are in use in your content. Then, it will go through every media in your Media Library, and check if it’s part of the used files.
Filesystem Scan: Media Cleaner will analyze your whole Media Library (including the metadata) and create a database of the files which are registered in it. Then, it will go through every single file in the filesystem (or hard drive, if you prefer), and check if it’s part of the used files.
Please note that this is the behavior by default (and the recommended one). As you will see in the tutorial, you can alter this behavior through the settings.
Media Cleaner Pro Pricing:
- Starter: 29.00$ / Yearly / 1 Websites
- Standard: 39.00$ / Yearly / 5 Websites
- Professional: 59.00$ / Yearly / 20 Websites
- Standard LIFE: 169.00$ / Lifetime / 5 Websites
- Professional LIFE: 249.00$ / Lifetime / 20 Websites
- Developer LIFE: 349.00$ / Lifetime / 500 Websites
- Agency LIFE: 499.00$ / Lifetime / 2500 Websites
License: Yearly vs Lifetime
The Yearly License is recommended. It will always work and you will always get support, as long as it is kept active.
The Lifetime License works forever, including future updates. However, support is only available the first year.
Media Cleaner Pro Discount
Do you love the free version? Do you have valuable feedback? Did you find a bug and find a solution for it? Then… they might have a discount for you! Contact them! 🥳
Trial / Refund
There are no trials available. However, don’t worry: you can buy a license, the one you like, and if it doesn’t well enough for you, they will refund you. they always do, when asked! For refunds, contact them within 2 weeks.